MAKING HEADWAY WITH MIWAY
MiWay is a direct short-term insurer and financial services company. In a highly competitive market dominated by players such as Outsurance – who’s marketing spend far outweighs that of MiWay- it was imperative for MiWay to improve their organic rankings and increase traffic to their website.
The insurance vertical is the most competitive vertical on Google. In paid campaigns, cost-per-click bids can reach as much as R1000 at the height of the auction. MiWay also suffered a partial penalty (by Google) resulting in sections of their website being ‘relegated’ to the 3rd page of SERPs and beyond.
NP Digital had to find a cost effective and highly targeted solution to deliver growth. The strategy was focused on the application of robust SEO fundamentals and on rebuilding the client’s reputation with Google to ensure that the penalty was lifted. The following areas were addressed:
- A comprehensive disavow file* was submitted for re-indexing
- A detailed content strategy was developed that included relevant content pillars and derivative assets
- Content was distributed to authoritative content sharing sites as well as local media sites
- The visibility of MiWay content was increased by a strategic, and effective, influencer campaign
- All meta data and other technical SEO requirements were aligned
- Page titles and onsite content were regularly updated
Keyword rankings for their core keyword set improved by 66% from an average position of 27, 27 in 2015 to 9,20 in 2016.
Traffic increased by 41% YoY by some 100 000 organic visitors.